Be sure to read through
all the clues before looking for the boxes so you know what is expected of you.
1. Start in the parking lot across from the restaurant MiMi’s in Jackson.
2. Turn and face MiMi’s. Write down the year that the building was created.
(Hint- It should be towards the top)
3. Add the digits of the year up to make the number x = _____ and use the
following equation to find out how many paces you should take towards the
Jackson Mill along the sidewalk.
steps = 9x(1/3)=______
4. On your right you will find Reynolds Avenue. Go to the beginning of the
sidewalk and use this equation to find how many paces you should take down
x2 - 29x + 138 = 0
Find the roots and multiply their absolute values together, then multiply by
5. You should be at a red octagon across from a beige house.
the beige house’s address and add the digits up (a = ______). Solve x - 20 = 2a
The solution will be the number of paces you should take on the following
6. Use the equation x3=729,000. This gives you the number of degrees
you should turn counter-clockwise when facing the red octagon. Now take
7. At this intersection, you should see a speed limit sign to the left. Square
the number of sides on the sign, and your answer will represent x.
8. Now look south again and count the number of fire hydrants you see down the
road. This represents y.
9. Use the equation x/y to find the total number of mailboxes/newspaper boxes
straight ahead of you along the road. Walk to the 3-way intersection.
10. Solve the equation x2 = 8100. This gives your next bearing.
11. Using the word MEADOWVIEW, assign each letter a number 1-26 as it
corresponds in the alphabet. Use these numbers to create 5x2 Matrix A.
12. Do the same thing with the word PARK. Assign these numbers to a 2x2 matrix
13. Multiply your matrices together to form Matrix C. Subtract the bottom row of
Matrix C from the top row, and subtract 100 from your answer. Take that many
steps east on the sidewalk to arrive at a fun zone for little children.
14. Walk to the “fine sign” and admire the beauty of the playground.
15. Directly behind the sign is a yellow “bucket” used for a game. Add the
numbers located on it, representing Y = ________
16. Locate the emergency vehicle in the playground, and multiply the numbers on
the back right of the car to find E = _______
17. Use the equation (Y)(E) = x to find the next bearing. (Hint- x is your
18. Execute your bearing from where you were in step 14, and walk to your
destination to get a well-deserved rest.
19. Look high and low while you do a little exploring to find your treasure.
BEFORE RETRIEVING THE BOX, BE SURE NO ONE IS AROUND TO SEE YOU TAKE THE BOX
OUT! DO NOT BRING ATTENTION TO YOURSELF OR THE HIDING LOCATION OF THE BOX!